Thursday, October 28, 2010

sugar coats - Julia Nunes..

it'd be easy to sit here and wallow in hell
Or I could suck it up, get over myself
You see, all hearts are broken
It's no big deal, I've been hurt
But I'm sure you all know how that feels
We all go through it
So why do we do it again?
Is it even worth the awkward anger of trying to be friends?
I don't know, should I care?
Well do you? Are you there?

(This year will swallow me whole)
It's taking its toll
(Queen of horses mad with power, heads will roll)
(So tenderly, you bleed me dry, and I)

I collapse to the floor

It doesn't get easier
(That should be me)
It doesn't get easier
I'm dying to leave

I've been feeling surprisingly lonely these days
I guess substitutes have an aftertaste
And I hate you for making me feel I could easily be replaced

(They say that the coffin can't confine the soul)
(I'm burying secrets you should've told)
(Well safe or ? )
(This is only a goal you want to achieve so you can be alone)

We've yelled, we've lied (I want you to)
And blatantly tried to hurt (Stop hurting me)
The other one, that's not fair (I want you to)
But truthfully, I don't care (Stop hurting me)

You cried and apologized (These thoughts that consume me)
I won't sympathize with you (And drive away the worry)
You're wrong, so wrong (These thoughts consume me)
And you know it, you do (You won't miss a single thing)

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa

It doesn't get easier
(Try not to scream)
It doesn't get easier
I'm fighting daydreams

(So I guess it's over, is it time to move on?)
(Winter was always my least favorite season)
(Should I give up, is it too late to be saved)
(Am I forever frozen in this lonely grave?)

So if I agree, I'm not trying to be mean
It's just cold hard facts
Spare me your sugar coats
Well I could've kept you warmer than that

No comments: